[ANN] Numba-Scipy 0.3.0

I am happy to announce the immediate availability of Numba-scipy 0.3.0 :tada:

numba-scipy extends Numba to make it aware of SciPy.

Importantly, as of this release, numba-scipy is no longer “broken” and now supports multiple SciPy versions. The changelog is available here: 4. Release Notes — numba-scipy 0.3.0dev0+42.gbd99bb6.dirty documentation

To install with pip:

$ pip install numba-scipy 

To install with conda (from the numba channel):

$ conda install -c numba numba-scipy

Please feel free to test the release and report any issues on the numba-scipy issue tracker on Github, thank you!

6 Likes

Do you want to add a little about the current state of the project (and maybe if you want contributors)? From the status of the documentation, I get the impression that it is in its infancy?

Thank you for asking about numba-scipy. Yes, the project is still very much in it’s infancy and many things have yet to be decided. We are very much interested in contributors.

This PR may be a good place to start is here: numba-scipy is now accepting PRs, discuss what to focus on first! · Issue #10 · numba/numba-scipy · GitHub

And initial documentation regarding the currently supported feature set are here: numba-scipy documentation — numba-scipy 0.3.0dev0+44.g9764341.dirty documentation

Hope that helps and let me know if you need any more info or pointers!

Addendum: The release schedule will probably be somewhat ad-hoc – the release process via Github Actions is in place and we can basically cut a release from a working master at pretty much any time. This also means, we can adopt the well-known mantra: “release early, release often”.