Could someone work through the llvmlite pull request backlog?

Hi all,

I’ve been using llvmlite for a project and it’s awesome. I recently wrote a small feature that I wanted to contribute back (Adds _ConstOpMixin.ptrtoint to complement existing bitcast and inttoptr methods. by bslatkin · Pull Request #784 · numba/llvmlite · GitHub). I think it’s non-controversial since the same functionality is available in other analogous parts of the API. It’s been 9 days since I submitted my PR and it looks like nobody has done an initial assessment. Many substantially older PRs also look like they’re ready for review or submission and are stalled.

So I’m wondering who might be up for reviewing my PR and the other ones that are pending for llvmlite? I know this is open source and everyone is a volunteer, so in no way am I taking your time for granted. If there’s any way I can help please let me know. I’d like the community to continue thriving since llvmlite is such a great tool.

Thanks in advance,

-Brett

hi @bslatkin it is true that llvmlite is a bit “underserviced”. This comes down to lack of hands. If you are interested in joining our community, feel free to come and introduce yourself here:

And join us on gitter here:

I think all of us would be happy to discuss how to proceed with llvmlite and the backlog of PRs.

Great – thank you for the pointers.