Feature request about supporting Arrow in Numba

Yeah, thanks for ur helpful reply. @jpivarski

1. About the string issue, I leave a comment on it, we can discuss this on the issue page.

2. Yeah, indeed, I learned the pain/lessons from interaction between Numba and C++, rather than Python and C++, but I think the underlying problem is the same. Numba has its own NRT to manage heap memory, and C++ has its own shared_ptr or customized memory management system to handle this. And I think your changes in Awkward 2.0 is a good direction for better interaction with 3rd-party libraries and also for performance.

3. I saw the video quickly, and I do have interests about JAX, but haven’t got dirty hands on it, but it’s on my future plan. And indeed, my colleagues are developing a project Mars GitHub - mars-project/mars: Mars is a tensor-based unified framework for large-scale data computation which scales numpy, pandas, scikit-learn and Python functions., which does a part of similar things with Dask, although I didn’t know much things about Mars or Dask. Maybe there exists some oppitunities for interaction between Awkward and Mars as well. So I want to ask what u want to do with Dask, for distributed and lazy execution?